Technical Officer (WHO Health and Environment Programme)- CR environmentally sustainable WASH
(Short-Term Consultant Contract, 110 working days from July to December 2021)
Purpose of the Post:
To provide technical support for WHO Health and Environment Programme, Department of Hygiene and Health Promotion and Nam saat (Ministry of Health), Department of Water Supply (Ministry of Public Works and Transport), and selected hospitals implementing the WASH project.
Description of Duties:
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health of Lao PDR, the WHO Representative, the WHO Health and Environment Programme team, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Provide capacity building training for WASH IPC team at selected central, provincial and district hospitals and implementation of the WASH FIT tool in setting up regular assessment, improvement planning and monitoring system
2. Conducts monitoring visit to the hospitals implementing the WASH in HCF projects (Safe Clean and CR HCF Initiative) and assist them in fixing/installing water tank, hand washing stations
3. Provide mentoring support to the water suppliers in ensuring water quality and quantity at selected provincial and district water suppliers which provides water for respective hospitals and quarantine and isolation facilities
4. Assist DHHP, MOH in providing support to quarantine and isolation facilities in assessing WASH and health care waste management situation, develop DFCs and follow up monitoring for efficient implementation and improvement of water, sanitation, medical waste management services;
5. Assist the environmental health team (HEN) and the government counterparts in developing a proposal (DFC) with budget and activity details, procurement plan, translating, editing technical and training materials for WASH and climate change resilient water safety planning
6. Attend or assist in arranging meetings, trainings or workshops, as requested and provide simultaneous/consecutive interpretation and written summaries;
7. Other duties as assigned by WHO Health and Environment (HEN) Programme.
University Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Medical Sciences or related field or its equivalent professional training. A background in Climate Change-WASH or Climate Change-Health will be preferred.
Knowledge & skills:
· Capable to provide training and managing CR-WSP in subnational level;
· Knowledgeable in urban and rural WASH, climate change-WASH, (urban) water safety plan, WASH FIT;
· Ability to work and interact effectively with national counterparts, non-governmental organizations and international agencies at various levels;
· Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
· Ability to work independently under pressure and to deliver high-quality work on-time;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.;
· Good oral and written communication skills;
· Good computer skills on using Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT.
Essential: The consultant should have work experience on WSP/CR-WSP/Urban WASH/WASH FIT at least three years in providing training and/or implementing WASH projects. The consultant should have strong communication (Lao and English) and interpersonal skills. The consultant should be able to interact effectively with the national counterpart, non-governmental organizations and international agencies.
Desirable: Work experience in climate-resilient water safety plan, urban WASH, Climate Change and Health, WASH FIT or related fields
Essential: High degree of competency in reading, writing and spoking Lao and English.
Other skills (e.g. IT): Proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit applications and curriculum vitae in the English language with a subject " Technical Officer (WHO Health and Environment Programme)- CR environmentally sustainable WASH "to the following Email address : email@example.com by 16 June 2021 at 17:00.
Applications without the proper subject line might be disregarded