(Re-advertised) Service provider to develop communication and visibility products on social protection
Terms of Reference:
TheILO Country Office for Laos is looking for a service provider to develop communication and visibility products on social protection from June to December 2021.
Social protection is a new area in Laos. The Lao government’s National Social Protection Strategy defines it in the form of three pillars: health insurance, social security and social welfare. The ILO is working with the government and UN agencies to develop and promote social protection in the country.
In Laos, one of the major challenges is the limited understanding and awareness of social protection. The work of the service provider will aim to make social protection and the project visible to government officials, policymakers and the public at the national and provincial levels. It will attempt to raise awareness and cultivate the importance of social protection among Lao people.
The ideal candidate is a firm with an in-house team that can work on all of the outputs a, b and c described below. Individuals with skills in any one of the three areas will also be considered. Ability to produce content in both English and Lao will be preferred. We are looking for people who can work proactively, creatively, enthusiastically and autonomously!
a. Video production
- Work with ILO to identify topics and prepare video scripts
- Record short interviews or statements by ILO and UN experts, government officials
- Record footage of daily life in Laos
- Produce virtual tour and 360° videos
- Make video animations to graphically represent the work of the project
- Ensure the videos have subtitles and/or voiceover in English and Lao, as appropriate
- Using all of the above, produce at least 5 quality edited videos
b. Graphic designing
- Create infographics from data provided by ILO
- Produce graphics (icons, images representing an idea) for brochures and social media
- Provide ideas to make the content and representation of information in the brochures and posters more attractive and persuasive for all kinds of audiences
- Perform the layout of short publications (approx. 6, 20 pages each) according to SDG Fund and/or ILO branding guidelines
- Design brochures and posters (approx. 8, 2-4 pages each) according to SDG Fund and/or ILO branding guidelines
c. Website and social media
- Plan and do content writing for human-interest stories on social protection beneficiaries (at least 3), blog posts (at least 5) and short statements (at least 10)
- Create a plan for regular posts on a selected Facebook account (at least 4 per month) and work with ILO and the Facebook channel to design the content of the posts
- Monitor their effectiveness regularly and make suggestions for improvement
- Ensure that the content is attractive and persuasive for all kinds of audiences
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of marketing and communication experience, preferably in Laos and/or ASEAN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (necessary) and Lao (desirable)
- Proficiency in visual arts and graphic design (e.g., Canva, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in video editing (e.g., Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience in running social media or digital campaigns
- Event and portrait photography skills
Payment will be made based on actual deliverables and to the satisfaction of the ILO.
Please send your technical offering and financial proposal by 20th June 2021 to email@example.com