Programme Assistant for WHO Vaccine Preventable Diseases and Immunization (VDI)
(Special service agreement, for an initial period of 6 months with possible extension,)
Purpose of the Post:
The primary purpose of hiring the Programme Assistant is to assist the STOP team participants regarding the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of VDI program. This position is based in Luang Prabang and supports northern provinces.
Description of Duties:
Under the overall supervision of the Technical Officer of VDI and in cooperation the National Immunization Programme (NIP) and the Provincial Manager/Surveillance Officer by assisting the STOP team participants, the incumbent shall:
1. Support the province, districts and health facilities for the development of micro-planning and service delivery for routine immunization and delivery of COVID-19 vaccination.
2. Support planning and monitoring of vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) surveillance program.
3. Liaise with the provincial health office and district health offices for all logistic arrangements for field activities.
4. Travel to districts and health facilities and assist the immunization and surveillance program-related activities.
5. Participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of SIAs as well as the routine immunization with particular emphasis on polio eradication and measles elimination activities in the province.
6. Assist the provinces and districts to identify high-risk areas and silent district/health centres to improve the immunization and VPDs surveillance activities in the identified areas.
7. Provide the required support for the translation from English to Lao and from Lao to English to the STOP team participants.
8. Assist province and districts in recording, reporting and analysing the immunization and surveillance data to improve the data quality management and decision-making process.
9. Write a monthly report and submit to the WHO country office.
University degree in Medicine or related sciences or equivalent professional training from a recognized university.
Knowledge & skills:
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Have the ability to prepare correspondence, summaries of meetings and other documentation.
· Have ability to work harmoniously as a member of the team, adapt to diverse education and cultural background and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
· At least one-year working experience at the national or provincial level in development and implementation of immunization or other health-related programmes.
· Previous work experience in World Health Organization (WHO) or nongovernmental and/or with regional or international organizations is desirable.
· Strong knowledge of written and spoken English and Lao is required.
· Knowledge of others local languages is a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit applications and curriculum vitae in the English language with a subject "SSA Programme Assistant-VDI” to the following Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2021 at 17:00 PM.
Applications without the proper subject line might be disregarded